Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Denmark you can get a DAB tuner kit as an option. Does this replace the normal tuner or is it an extra functionality so you can listen to both normal and DAB radio?

Regards
Morten Isaksen

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
misak said:
In Denmark you can get a DAB tuner kit as an option. Does this replace the normal tuner or is it an extra functionality so you can listen to both normal and DAB radio?

Regards
Morten Isaksen
Forgive my ignorance, but what is DAB? Is that a European thing? :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sstarrx3 said:
misak said:

Regards
Morten Isaksen
Forgive my ignorance, but what is DAB? Is that a European thing? :D
Digita Audio Broadcasting. You can read more at http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/about/

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah...this is what they are advetising as High Definition Radio around here. Radio station will be simulcasting their stations in HD. You just have to get the add on adapter for you radio. Not sure what those are costing. Best thing is it is free once you get the adapter. Unlike satellite radio, which I love and can't do without now. Guess satellite radio is why we haven't seen auto manufactures in the states offer this DBS option. They are really advertising and pushing the "FREE" in the states. I think they still have an uphill battle, XM and Sirius have taken over the country :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts