Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
What's the best way to clean normal stains on my light grey seats?
I've heard Woolite works well on the upholstery. Hopefully RTexasF will chime in, he's the detailing expert. What kinds of stains are they? I'm lucky, no stains on my grey seats.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use Tide laundry soap in a tub of hot water then scrub the seats good with a coarse wash rag. That and a stiff bristle brush also work well for cleaning the carpet.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
Look for this:

Don't just spot clean put it on the entire area like the entire bottom/top cushion. That keeps one area from looking discolored from the rest. DO NOT use the top cap for scrubbing, it is far too coarse.

With this one you can spot clean safely or do the entire cushion. This also works on the dash, hard & soft vinyl, carpets, etc.
http://www.amazon.com/Surf-City-Garage-103-Interior/dp/B001JT5HBS

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
I agree with RTexasF - and the Folex works well with stains on carpets as well and doesn't bleach out or otherwise affect the upholstery and rug dyes, either. Also it doesn't have an odor.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I agree with RTexasF - and the Folex works well with stains on carpets as well and doesn't bleach out or otherwise affect the upholstery and rug dyes, either. Also it doesn't have an odor.
I'm off to Walmart! Thanks, folks. For clothes I use good old Fels Naptha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts