Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally it’s available. Thanks for the update !
Has anyone ( before 2022 my) tried to install this Cam with digital rear view mirror? Does the mirror have dedicated power supply or it is in the same harness as ACC?
I understand 2022 folks don’t have much input on this one, so I thought previous years owners with digital rear view mirror would share their experience. .

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have this camera on my 2021 rav4. It plugs into your existing wiring. Only issue is to be careful not to break your tabs on the oem cover taking it off. You will reuse your own clips. Other issue is that you can only access the video which is set to 1 minute clips when the camera has power. So it has to be in accessory mode or the car has to be on.

The camera does not interfere with anything and looks oem. It gets hot under the cover but is vented under the lense.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you are planning to keep your car for a while, get the fitcam. If you are leasing it and plan to get a new car in 3 years, get the Viofo a129 which is frequently on sale for $120 and as low as $95. You can use it on any car, not just the Rav4 unlike the fitcam. The Viofo beats the fitcam in everything else as well, video quality, functionality, settings. Also you can pay an additional $30 and get it with the rear camera option as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a new Fitcamx for the 2022 with vent holes. Try the fitcamx site (Fitcamx Dash Cam For All Toyota Avalon/Camry/RAV4/C-HR/Corolla Hatchback Altis/Sienna/Prius/Tacoma) and select the right version for your 2022.

Still waiting for my RAV4 to get here, so I have not used this camera myself. It is, however, the one I plan on buying.
Thank you, I just checked the website and saw they have updated the cams. I emailed them with the specifics, hopefully they respond soon. I realized they ship from China, I hope the camera can arrive before my road trip to the US next month

·
Registered
155 Posts
Finally it’s available. Thanks for the update !
Has anyone ( before 2022 my) tried to install this Cam with digital rear view mirror? Does the mirror have dedicated power supply or it is in the same harness as ACC?
I understand 2022 folks don’t have much input on this one, so I thought previous years owners with digital rear view mirror would share their experience. .
I have an extra one on hand if anyone is interested.
1. It needs to remove the factory mirror.
2. Acc and natural wires are needed. I have the harness to get them from the line centering module.
3. Rear view camera needs to run to the back door. Tape the camera inside the car.

easy installation

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you, I just checked the website and saw they have updated the cams. I emailed them with the specifics, hopefully they respond soon. I realized they ship from China, I hope the camera can arrive before my road trip to the US next month
This is what it looks like in the Rav

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,539 Posts
Hi all, i have been enjoying my 2022 RAV4 for about 2 weeks now. I saw a few dashcams but they don't fit perfectly in the 2022 models.

Any suggestions for a wired dashcam that could blend perfectly? Fitcamx seems to not be compatible with 2022.
TIA
Has anyone tried this?:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, my question still stands: anyone with Limited, XSE, or packaged XLE with Digital Rear View Mirror has installed Fitcamx dash camera?
My concern are: 1. Mirror has its own power/feed harness; 2. There is enough room to tuck in all wires.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, my question still stands: anyone with Limited, XSE, or packaged XLE with Digital Rear View Mirror has installed Fitcamx dash camera?
My concern are: 1. Mirror has its own power/feed harness; 2. There is enough room to tuck in all wires.
1. Mirror has own power. The dash cam gets the power from line centering module.

2. enough

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I have one installed in my 2019 Limited with the digital mirror. The only issue I had with the install was the small plate that came with the camera would not fit and I had to reuse the original one. With the digital mirror, there is a little more fiddling required to get the new cabling inside the housing but it can be done. In fact, I took mine out before service at the dealership. I didn't want any hassles. When I got home, it took only a few minutes to reinstall it since I knew exactly how the cabling went. Highly recommended. I now have to mind my language which driving since it's recording audio all the time you're driving. Never know when you're going to share a video.

Here it is with me slouched in the drivers seat. You can't even see it while driving.
Hood Automotive mirror Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper

Reactions: Tom4Life and ra3boy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got mine from Amazon. One day shipping. Don't know if Amazon has the '22 version yet, but they should.
Amazon doesn't have the 2022 model for RAV4 so i ordered from their website. I have to pay $20 extra for shipping but that's ok. I love the fact that no wiring is needed, and i also love how slick it looks, i just hope the picture quality will be sharp too

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all, i have been enjoying my 2022 RAV4 for about 2 weeks now. I saw a few dashcams but they don't fit perfectly in the 2022 models.

Any suggestions for a wired dashcam that could blend perfectly? Fitcamx seems to not be compatible with 2022.
TIA
Received an email today from FitcamX that their new 2022 dashcam version is now available on Amazon in either 4K or 2K versions - both with and without a wired rear camera.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed a newer version(4K, vented cover) of Fitcamx for 2022 RAV4, like everyone mentioned the installation was super easy. Connected to the dash cam in no time as well.
BTW, loop recording is now available in: 1,3,5, or 10 minutes.

However, it looks ( from outside at least) that dash cam is not centered right below Lane Departure Camera?!
From inside, the camera housing is perfectly aligned with the middle of Head Unit.
I googled previous years of RAV4 , and Fitcamx sits right below the Lane Departure Camera.
Is this a 22 thing? Anyone with Japanese built XSE can confirm it?
Bottom picture is an internet image of 2019-2021 RAV4.
Thanks!
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Hood Window Automotive lighting Vehicle Netbook

Automotive side-view mirror Car Land vehicle Vehicle Mirror
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Window Hood

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts