Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
O damn... I didnt know the price for the OEM was that much. I havent had a chance to look into it yet. That fully explains why no one has reviewed it yet. Thank you.

Actually it’s $672.01 Canadian as an option. Ridiculous price for a dashcam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
This thread has been super helpful in picking a dash cam and more importantly hook up points, fuse connections and wiring...so thank you. I went with the Blackvue DR900S-2CH from the dashcamstore.com (4k front, 1080p rear camera with parking Power Magic Pro).

They have a 15% off special for father’s day (see below). Thinkware and Garmin specials too. This is the cheapest I could find at the moment and they rarely seem to go on sale.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Using a 750S-dual channel. Perfect stuff, only the Power Magic is not so very helpfull in our hybrids. Cutoff value is 12.5V or 12V. It's only a small battery... I placed an additional B112 backup battery to use the parking mode for a few more hours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Using a 750S-dual channel. Perfect stuff, only the Power Magic is not so very helpfull in our hybrids. Cutoff value is 12.5V or 12V. It's only a small battery... I placed an additional B112 backup battery to use the parking mode for a few more hours.
Do you have a link for the backup battery? So if I understand correctly, you are using the Power Magic Pro AND the battery?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey. I have a 2019 Trail and I noticed it has a camera mounted behind the rear view mirror. There doesn’t seem to be anyway to access it through the head unit. I read the manual and it says it’s a safety feature. I’m baffled that I’m not able to have an image show up on the monitor. Am I missing something? I see car solutions posted about their camera interface but it seems pointless to use the existing cameras with their interface. Seems I’ll have to install an independent camera system.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey. I have a 2019 Trail and I noticed it has a camera mounted behind the rear view mirror. There doesn’t seem to be anyway to access it through the head unit. I read the manual and it says it’s a safety feature. I’m baffled that I’m not able to have an image show up on the monitor. Am I missing something? I see car solutions posted about their camera interface but it seems pointless to use the existing cameras with their interface. Seems I’ll have to install an independent camera system.
That camera is pointing directly out your windshield. Has it not occurred to you that It sees EXACTLY what you see, assuming that you glance up at it once in awhile. Why would you want the windshield view condensed to the size of your center console?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you not read about the safety features before you bought the vehicle? It’s for the Toyota Safety Sense features.

Why would you need to see what’s in front of you displayed on your screen when that’s where you’re supposed to be looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
That camera is pointing directly out your windshield. Has it not occurred to you that It sees EXACTLY what you see, assuming that you glance up at it once in awhile. Why would you want the windshield view condensed to the size of your center console?
He doesn’t want to drive while seeing the image on a tiny screen. He wants to get the signal into a recorder. Like you can do on Tesla’s (all builtin cams) so you have a record of what happens on the road. But this is not going to happen on a Toyota—they aren’t crazy like Tesla with the ability to software update the entire car.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 AWD XLE
113 Posts
That would be a pretty cool safety feature to add into the existing safety package. The car already has a front camera, and a back camera. if they gave you a cloud account for storage. it would also be something else for them to charge $$ for a subscription.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Built in GPS is a $THOUSAND$ more than a stand alone, and they charge $HUNDREDS$ for updates. What do you think the car companies will charge for a front and back camera system that uploads files to the web? $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Plus a monthly fee for storage of the files. Get a front-back standalone dash cam for a couple of hundred.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just want to thank all to the helpful contributors to this thread. It helped me so much with my Blackvue 2ch camera install. I could not be happier with how it turned out and although I am an amateur installer, it looks oh so professional (y)

201 - 220 of 237 Posts