Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door to the compartment with the flip down cup holders and cigarette lighters won't stay shut!

There doesn't appear to be anything broken - What made it stay shut in the first place?? But how should I fix it? There are two little tabs hanging down from the inside but it doesn't appear they go in anywhere on the door.

I saw the thread in Marketplace awhile back where someone was selling that entire piece...might have to go that route but thought I'd pick your brains first!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi sneakkitty, welcome to the forums! :D

I had that problem too just recently, and tried to figure out why the door could not shut properly. My problem was that the cigarette lighter was not pushed in all the way and was interfering with the door being able to close properly. :lol: Maybe you might have the same problem :?:

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
sneakkitty said:
There doesn't appear to be anything broken - What made it stay shut in the first place?? But how should I fix it? There are two little tabs hanging down from the inside but it doesn't appear they go in anywhere on the door.
If checking the lighter position doesn't fix the problem.... GENTLY pull down on those two tabs. They excert a small amount of pressure on the cupholder unit in the closed position... which holds it closed.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kelly Smith said:
If checking the lighter position doesn't fix the problem.... GENTLY pull down on those two tabs. They excert a small amount of pressure on the cupholder unit in the closed position... which holds it closed.
WOW
I checked the lighter and it seemed to be in all the way and then tried the trick with the tabs!
I think it worked! After the Rav made about a two hour trip and it didn't open once! I hope it's permanent! Thank you both for your suggestions!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess I spoke too soon being excited about the little tabs fixing the cupholder door.
It didn't stay fixed.
I have pulled out the tabs a few times and each time the effect 'wears off' shortly after. In fact it is getting shorter and shorter.
Does anyone have a more long term idea?
I am thinking about using some stick on velcro but I'm not sure what I'd stick it to...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts