Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a problem with how reflective (shiny) the dash is in a 2015 vehicle? At times, depending on the sun, it is almost impossible to see the speedometer or the Nav.

Also, I am finding the area of the dash where the speedometer is located very dark during the day. Anybody else having issues with this?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Also, I am finding the area of the dash where the speedometer is located very dark during the day. Anybody else having issues with this?
Do you have the dash lights turned all the way up?

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
I have the same problem with my 4.3. Turning up the rheostat to full brightness helps only very marginally. I would have thought that Toyota would have sorted this out for the 4.4 RAVs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. At night the intensity is fine. My issue is during the day and the rheostat is full up with no effect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went to dashmat.com but then went to Amazon because it was delivered faster. I went with grey suede and it turned out very nice. It is a huge improvement.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Do you have the dash lights turned all the way up?
Dash lights are on and off with the headlights on the 4.4

Personally, I'm glad for it.
I have no visibility issues, and every morning on the way to work I see idiots on the freeway happily driving to work in the dark with only their DRLs on because their Toyota dash lights are also on and they don't think to look for the little green light bulb.

If automakers are going to add DRL and run the dash lights 27/4, they should be required to also have automatic headlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts