Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is getting pretty bad. Has anyone successfully dealt with this. I do not believe that it is windshield related. I know there was some issue with some missing windshield clips or something related. But no amount of pressure on the glass changes anything, and no amount of smacking the dash changes the noise either. Help

·
Registered
9,024 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
It is getting pretty bad. Has anyone successfully dealt with this. I do not believe that it is windshield related. I know there was some issue with some missing windshield clips or something related. But no amount of pressure on the glass changes anything, and no amount of smacking the dash changes the noise either. Help
I have found it helpful to have someone else in the car with you, either you drive or them and drive over roads that produce the rattle. Start touching things, open the two glove boxes and move things around. Turn on the A/C full blast and see if the rattle noise changes which would indicate something fell into a vent. Close one vent at a time and see what that does to the sound.
If you think it's deeper in the dash, you may have to do some disassembly to find it. From what I've read, removing the radio isn't too hard and would give you a large opening to "root around" in there.
I hate rattles.:mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts