Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed this happen? When Road Sign Assist detects a Stop sign, and you're in any screen other than the big version of the lane tracing, the stop sign gets buried behind the correct detected Speed Limit sign?

Small gripe, but this seems like a massive oversight lol

Edit: I noticed in the one picture I posted, LTA is the main screen in both. I guess I hadn't passed a speed limit sign in the 'working as intended' photo. Still, the issue is there as far as I can tell

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have never seen anything other then the speed limit sign.
I have sometimes seen your first image, no stop sign, etc...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never seen anything other then the speed limit sign.
I have sometimes seen your first image, no stop sign, etc...
So if you look, you can actually see the rightmost side of the stop sign peeking out behind the speed limit lol.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4h Ltd 🇯🇵
2,428 Posts
Another sign maybe. But your pictures show a curved object behind the 30 MPH sign

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
421 Posts
Has anyone else noticed this happen? When Road Sign Assist detects a Stop sign, and you're in any screen other than the big version of the lane tracing, the stop sign gets buried behind the correct detected Speed Limit sign?

Edit: I noticed in the one picture I posted, LTA is the main screen in both. I guess I hadn't passed a speed limit sign in the 'working as intended' photo. Still, the issue is there as far as I can tell

It’s not a bug, mine is the same when the MID is on anything other than the cruise/lane tracing screen. The owners manual discusses this.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
520 Posts
Well it is a stupid design, amongst many other idiotic things that Toyota let happen.
I like my 2020 RAV4h , but some things just bugle my mind

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
421 Posts
Well it is a stupid design, amongst many other idiotic things that Toyota let happen.
I like my 2020 RAV4h , but some things just bugle my mind
I do feel like Toyota has left a lot of unused space on the trims with the 7 in MID. Seems like most of the warnings and graphics were just ported from the smaller 4 inch MID without taking advantage of the increased space.

·
Registered
2021 Limited Hybrid
107 Posts

Yes the manual does mentions this exact behavior and is as designed.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Limited FWD
196 Posts
Mine will only show the speed limit sign. I have never seen it display another sign. I’m debating whether or not I should even complain at my first dealer service. It seems more of a useless distraction to have it. The speed limit is nice to have, but am I really going to rely on it to tell me a stop sign is pending? Definitely not.

·
Registered
2021 Limited Hybrid
107 Posts
Mine will only show the speed limit sign. I have never seen it display another sign. I’m debating whether or not I should even complain at my first dealer service. It seems more of a useless distraction to have it. The speed limit is nice to have, but am I really going to rely on it to tell me a stop sign is pending? Definitely not.
Make sure you are on the screen that shows the compass or direction of travel screen, on most of the screens the signs are superimposed with the speed on top. Mine does miss some stop signs if they are too high or low or very large.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a lowlily LE owner and don't have that option, but it looks to me that symbol behind the speed limit sign in your photo is a circle, and not a hexagon as used for the Stop sign (and also your Stop sign is a hexagon with straight line vertices)... Could the covered symbol be something else?

·
Registered
2021 XLE Premium Hybrid + JBL
29 Posts
I can attest that it detects “Do Not Enter” signs. Took a left turn onto the right lanes of a boulevard just today, and it saw the do not enter sign on the left. Kind of funny, it stayed on for a while, like I was driving the wrong way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts