Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys & girls,
Looking for info on how to replace two burned out lights on my 97 Rav4 Automatic. One is in the instrument panel. (OD light) & the other is on the autoshift to light up to show you which gear you are in. It is dark here day & night in the winter.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to remove the whole center console with the two screws at the base of the armrest. Then the screws on the side of the console 4 total. Lift up and back the whole center brake console. The light (W5W) is on the drivers side under the shifter and it twists out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Yanks,

I will have a go. Drop by on your road trip to Alaska land in your Ravs. I am at kilometer 1431 Alaska highway. I have 300,000 klicks on my 97 Rav4 Look up Canol road. Done it 6 times in my old Rav. Lots of them here. (My Brother has two! a 97 with 330,000k + a 2006 just last week)
If you come in winter put cardboard in front of your Rad if it is below -35 or 40 celcius as the wind over the top of the motor freezes the pcv (valve)
Let there be light!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome to R4W, Jim
I'll keep the cardboard handy in case it ever gets that cold here again..... :wink: Was ~+8'C today......unusual!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been there done that Maritimer. Its the shits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts