Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it will fit for the most part...some pieces might not fit as the interior changed just a tad for the revamp..but overall youll be fine

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have put that exact on my 99 rav and everything fits fine, but be warned that it just looks like something is stuck onto the dash, and although it makes my interior look better, I probably would try something else. It all depends on how much you want to spend though, that kit isn't very expensive, and I would imagine a custom interior would be quite pricey. Well, good luck any how.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the reply! I'm still considering on whether to get it or not. I was actually looking for something like a carbon fiber look but this is the only one I found that looks ok... I did see some wood looking ones but I wanted the more sporty look.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hey Jon, here is a pict. of a CF dash kit on my 1998 RAV. As JDUB mentioned above, it is only a stick on top of your existing dash deal. Looks better than factory though, and got it for a good deal on eBay; and also it is real carbon fiber, not that carbon fiber "look" stuff. :wink:

Installation is very easy, just heat, peel and stick. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Derek. You're dash looks great! That's the one I'd like to put on my mine. I have a friend who has it on their Subaru WRX and makes it look all sporty inside. Hopefully, someone would put it up on ebay again. Do you mind if I ask how much you got yours for?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The CF dash kit is the same one that you posted the link above; not the same seller though. Whether it will fit your '97 depends upon studying the schematic that they provide. Print out the picture of the schematic and take it out to your RAV to compare. Mine's is a '98 and it fit perfect, actually they had an extra piece in there that does not fit anywhere on my RAV. :roll:

I got mine's on eBay as well, and only for $60.00 USD. It was a great bargain, so I decided to pick it up. Good luck in finding a dash kit for your RAV too! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
jon918 said:
Can anyone tell me if this dash trim kit would fit my 96 RAV4. The title says it's for 98-00. Has anyone tried putting on these things? Im wondering how easy or hard they are to install.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7953963546&category=33705
You may experience some problem with the main piece. the 98-00 version has the clock on the right side of the wheel, don't know if the 96 have it or not.

Also, I kinda like the 96 dash trim kits as it as a piece that goes across the instrument panel instead of the two piece we 98-00 have.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why don't we contact the seller and try to arrange a group purchase ???
I'd like to get a carbon fibre kit for my 2000 .

·
Registered
90 Posts
When you do get the dash kit...go slow, be patient, and take your time. Once the adhesive backing touches the stock dash, it'll be hard to to move around and readjust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts