Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. For cosmetic reasons I need to remove the dashboard on a 2000 Rav 4. Has anyone had experience taking off the dash, specifically the 1 large piece that surrounds the gauges and driver air vents? Are their any tips or instructions out there for locations of screws and tabs, etc?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Checko, looks like I came to the right guy! I wanted to try to change the appearance of the dash with a carbon fiber sheet/decal I found. I don't want to use the stick on dask kits. I think I'll have to remove the dash just as you have shown. By the way I love the gauges you have pictured - I have been looking for those as well. Can you tell me where I can purchase them?
Many thanks,
-Bill

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Any tips I might need for removing the dash?

·
Registered
286 Posts
first, sorry for the bad english (I know a bit). first take out the radio cover and the 2 screws under the piece that hold the radio. take out the button of the air setting and light setting (the last in the left side. take off the center cover (the cluster cover).ending all of this, start to push the dash in all of it corner and middle. un screew all what you see (to not crack the dash). and finally take out the air duct with the dash.
the cluster cover is hard to take out of the place because the steering wheel is big (with a custom steeringwheel, it's easy :p)

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch Cheko. All in all about how long wll it take me to pull the dash off? Is this a whole day job or 20 minutes?

·
Registered
286 Posts
yermal said:
Thanks a bunch Cheko. All in all about how long wll it take me to pull the dash off? Is this a whole day job or 20 minutes?
hahaha an all day job!?
I do that just in less of 10 mins. the fisrt time that I try to uninstall the dashboard, I was arround 1 hour trying to uninstall the cluster cover, signal light switch and light switch
aaa one thing, :evil: my nick name is checho no cheko :wink:

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again cheko. BTW sorry about the misspelling. Sometimes my spelling is not so good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts