Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 rav4 2.4 base model.

I will be installing DDM HIDS and the DDM HIDS come with same hid bulb for low and high, same bulb for 9006 and 9005 applications. They come with smaller thinner orings and with thicker orings. Do i use the bigger o rings for the lows and the smaller orings for the highs??

Thanks guys and gals. Please do not start a hid in stock housing talk.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
So you pop in the forum and ask people on the proper way to blind other drivers on the road and then ask people not to talk about it?....so I won't say that using hid bulbs in a stock housing is careless, thoughtless, and inconsiderate...I will say that it is foolish to use separate hid bulbs in your high beams...by the time they fully warm up oncoming traffic will warrant that they be turned off again...unless you plan to leave them on all the time and in today's world that would not surprise me one bit...an alternative would be to use led bulbs in your high beams as they are instant on and have no lag time...just to forewarn you that with hid bulbs in reflectors your night vision in rain or snow is gonna be worse than the stock halogen lights...what you should do is retrofit some projectors in those housings and you can have high and low beam hid with no lag time at all...and you only need 1 hid kit not 2...I have run hid bulbs in separate high beams before and it sucks...

·
Registered
156 Posts
You'll be happier with swapping in 9012s for your 9006s, and 9011s for your 9005s. The on/off flashing needed for high beams with oncoming drivers will kill arc bulbs very quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts