Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 XLE where the radio went dead. Lights up but nothing else. When looking online there are about 20 different versions of the radio. My model is 100326, my question is do the radio model number s have to match exactly. Also does this seem to be a common problem, even aftermarket the radios are selling for approx $500-600. Doesn't make sense to buy another only to have the problem happen again. Maybe better to buy a total replacement, Kenwood, etc

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got one off of E-b-a-y with a larger display for around $120, works perfectly, remains all steering functions. Happy for now before considering an android head unit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I replaced the radio in my Tacoma a couple of years ago. I think Toyota reliability does not extend to radios. Mine lacks the steering wheel functions, but it is just as easy to use the right hand to reach the radio as to use the steering wheel buttons. Given the price of OEM radios, I would opt for an aftermarket unit. If it is important to you to receive weak stations, check the receiver sensitivity in the specs before purchasing. I found only one major brand with good specs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts