Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time since I bought a new car, and have only a vague recollection about the financing aspect. I hope someone here with more recent experience can answer my dumb questions.

Looking to finance 1 or 2 new Toyotas in the next few weeks. Dealer currently offers 0.0% APR on Prius, wife wants a Prius. She has the cash to pay cash for it. Was thinking about doing the financing (I understand this provides an incentive to the dealer to give a better price, as they have their onw incentives to get buyers to finance), and then just paying it off quickly.
Is there any penalty for paying off early?

We would like to try and earn some miles on our credit cards through this deal. We would negotiate the best deal we can, then try to put down a large down payment, using a points-earning credit card. Any experiences here in getting them to allow a large down payment via CC?

What forms of payment does Toyota Financing accept? I scanned their website, says you can fund straight out of your bank account or send a check. No credit card payments (not a big surprise, as there's a CC processing fee). Wondering if they would accept debit card payments (typically no fee for that) - anyone know?

Finally, I've read a lot of pretty negative reviews of the customer service experience with Toyota financing. Of course, the internet is full of cranks :wink so I take online reviews with a grain of salt. Anyone here have anything they can share about dealing with Toyota financing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I bought mine last fall I had the choice of 0% financing OR a $1000 rebate, since I was only financing a small portion and had a 1.99% APR loan lined up I saved a lot more by taking the rebate. Even though they knew the situation they still pushed for me to run a credit application so I would guess they get some sort of incentive just for running an application through Toyota financial.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts