Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to test drive it at 2 pm today. Its out of my budget, but I will look at it.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in HELLINOIS, 60 miles west of Chicago.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Im back after my test drive. The V6 is nice, very nice. Didnt get a chance to really, really floor it, but I did depress it enough to notice the 6. Sticker was $29,704 and included everything but the DVD system. Too rich for my blood. I think I would be happy with the 4x4 4cyl Base with a few options. If I could get a base 4x4 with 6, that may be better if I can swing it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If it helps any...

I grew up driving nothing but V8's in Chevy Caprice Classics and their station wagon variants. All my family ever owned growing up.

Then I drove a V8 Buick Riviera as a 1st car, then before the RAV I had an Olds w/ their venerable 3800 series V6.

Getting close to pickup date for my I4 Limited RAV, I was getting anxious about living with a non-turbo I4 in a vehicle of this size.

My concerns were totally unfounded. That thing gets up and goes just fine. Granted it's no sports car but for most of us where the snow is plowed off the highways as fast as it falls, that I4 is more than enough not to mention the fuel savings compared to the 6.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
purduealum91 said:
Well, Im back after my test drive. The V6 is nice, very nice. Didnt get a chance to really, really floor it, but I did depress it enough to notice the 6. Sticker was $29,704 and included everything but the DVD system. Too rich for my blood. I think I would be happy with the 4x4 4cyl Base with a few options. If I could get a base 4x4 with 6, that may be better if I can swing it.

purduealum91:
Did you notice a difference in ride between the 6 & 4 cylinder, if in fact you drove the 4?

I am curious in comparison to the v6 sport that I have ordered.
In Canada the sport only comes in a v6.

thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The I4 and V6 rode the same. I never had a chance to drive a sport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts