Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Servicing the rav has been a nightmare since purchase. From me catching the dealer returning the Rav saying the initial oil change was done when it was not (dated the oil filer, dealer admitted wrong). Most recently the dealer incorrectly recorded my mileage over 100,000 more the actual odometer reading on my 2016. Toyota corporate says it can be edited and fixed, dealer claims they cant do anything and to just keep servicing it at their dealer and there wont be an issue. I am afraid that this will affect my warranty and car fax when selling the rav since a buyer may think the odometer has been rolled-back. Does anybody who works at a dealer know if they actually have the resources to make the correction? Or am I simply stuck. Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds like you need to try another dealer for your service. You shouldn't have any issues with warranty work as they can clearly see the car is a year old, impossible to have 100,000 miles!

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
You might be able to sort out the problem by going to www.toyotaowners.com, registering, and then going to the service record page where at least you should be able to make an entry with the correct info, possibly along with an explanation. What mileage did the dealer's service department enter on your service receipt?

And was suggested maybe look for another dealer.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Take a picture of your odometer with a copy of a local newspaper's front page in the same photo. That is your record of proof that the current milage is correct should someone ever try to make an issue out of it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses.

Apparently only the regional manager can edit the information. The regional manager has to review the case and correct the mileage as well as contacting Car Fax to correct the miss-information. What a hassle... Apparently Car Fax will most likely flag my vehicle as being tampered with if the information is not corrected.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You can change mileage at Toyota.com in the owner's section. If the dimwits even bothered to record it, it will show there.

But for the sake of argument, ignore anything and everything those morons tell you. If they say it, its probably wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts