Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....question... My dealer said that they will get their "list" next week of what RAV4's have come in and will see if one like mine is on that list... Since so many of you have said RAV4's can't be ordered, and the dealers just wait to see what comes off the boat, is this list something that goes out to all dealers, and the dealers that repond fastest to the list get to snap up whatever is available? Or, do certain lists go to certain groups of dealers? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
selection

That's scary! If my dealer isn't on top of things, I may never get my RAV4...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Have you checked inventory at other dealers? I couldn't figure out how they get the allocations. One of the dealers in downtown Chi-town had 4 Ravs, all base models. Grossinger has over 40. How does that happen?

Midtown, whom I highly recommend, found ours within a week from another dealer's incoming stock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dealers allotment...

Several years back, I was told that what is made available to certain dealers and not to others, as far as quantities go, all depends on the previous years quantity sold by that dealer....
So, if that is true, the larger dealers get more cars to sell. It seems to work if you think the manufactureres know a larger dealership can move more units, so they make sure they have plenty stcok to work with.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
It also have to do with the dealer's customer satifaction rating as well. A highly rated dealer will get more hot selling car on their allocation.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just checked stock at some local dealers again. Grossinger has over 50 Ravs now. Midtown seems to always have around 15. Grossinger is much bigger for inventory so, that would probably be understandable.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Selection

But few of these are Limiteds Most are base models. a few are Sports..............

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd say just keep checking. I checked all the local dealers through Toyota's website every couple of days. If I saw on that might have fit the bill, I called to check.

We only had to put $100 down to secure our order and, with the quantities of Rav's coming now, I'd think the wait wouldn't be too long at this point.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If my experience is any indication, my dealer knew what was allocated to them (at that point, I reserved the RAV4 that I got 3 weeks later). However, they had the inventory sheets that showed what other dealers had. I think they also had sheets that showed what the other dealers would be getting, Having this info, your dealer should be able to reserve one of their incoming RAV4's if you see what you want and tell them first, or the dealer can trade with another dealer if is available & not reserved elsewhere. I got the impression that my dealer wasn't all that enthusiastic to do the trading thing, but based on the posts here, it seems some dealers will go out of their way to do the trade thing,

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts