Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thinking about doing it? I think it makes the car look cleaner by removing the Hybrid sign on the side. And on the back of our car where it says hybrid and XLE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
As my AF son says "less is more"

·
Registered
449 Posts
Never understood why people do this. One of the many things I don't understand!
To make people assume it's a higher model.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I remove all badging from every vehicle I've owned. The RAV was no different. Took 5 minutes total, including cleanup. Fishing line technique, and slowly pull the double sided tape off at a slight angle. Minimal residue left. Goo gone to remove any leftover adhesive.

Here is a great video on debadging.

·
Registered
106 Posts

My reasoning is simple. I feel badges take away from the aesthetics of vehicles. Meaningless advertising for manufacturers... I prefer clean lines.

·
Registered
412 Posts
While I was in Detroit, people used to Remove Toyota signs from their vehicles but nobody was brave enough to admit why. :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
My reasoning is simple. I feel badges take away from the aesthetics of vehicles. Meaningless advertising for manufacturers... I prefer clean lines.

Cool. :smile

But that is the other extreme of people driving around with dealer advertisement frames or badges.

Do what pleases you man !

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's all about personal preference. Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I am proud that I am driving a hybrid and that it is a RAV4 and a Limited. If that is considered advertising it, then I am doing that, and happy to do it. But, I would never criticize someone for debadging their vehicle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I were buying a used car and the badging was missing it might make me wonder if the car had been in an accident and not fully repaired by replacing the badging.

It might be fun to put another vehicles badging on your RAV, "F250, Range Rover" Etc. :surprise

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
If I were buying a used car and the badging was missing it might make me wonder if the car had been in an accident and not fully repaired by replacing the badging.

It might be fun to put another vehicles badging on your RAV, "F250, Range Rover" Etc. :surprise
I would never buy a debadged vehicle, and believe it would likely reduce resale value. However, if you buy the vehicle, you can do whatever you want. Personally, I have never understood it, nor would I consider doing it. I have no problem that people know the brand of vehicle I own, but refuse to advertise for any dealership, with their license plates frames.

Reactions: millsrv

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't feel bad OP. If I buy the RAV this will be the first thing I do to it. I have de-badged every single car I have owned and never once had a problem selling them ;)

I'm all for the clean look.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Shouldn't you leave at least ONE hybrid badge so you won't get pulled over for driving in an HOV lane?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I actually want to add a badge to mine. Canadian version doesn't have any awdi badging at all, not at my local dealers anyway. Not sure why. In case I ever get towed or need a tow I want the driver to know he needs to use dollies or a flatbed.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Don't feel bad OP. If I buy the RAV this will be the first thing I do to it. I have de-badged every single car I have owned and never once had a problem selling them ;)

I'm all for the clean look.
Not feeling bad at all. I hope you are not taking my expressed preferences personally. Like I said, your vehicle, your business. I believe, one of the many benefits of this forum, is finding out what others change in their RAV4s, to improve aesthetics or function. I am good with most things, except when it comes to taking my badges
off :)

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts