Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup. I am going to be re-joining the ranks of 4.2 owners. I am very excited. Here are the details:

2005 RAV4 S
7100 miles
Moonroof
Manual Transmission
Silver/Gray

How do I get a tonneau cover for it?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
lem144 said:
You might wanna check ebay for that from time to time. One time i saw someone selling one for $50 plus shipping, so check it out.

BTW, congrats on your purchase :thumbs_up: and don't forget to post pics on your album :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, figured you would, much to the 4.3 crowd's chagrin.

You have just made a sound financial decision by avoiding all that drop in value if you drove a brand new 4.3 off the lot.

You could even sell your purchase in a year or two for just a little less than you paid and then buy a year old 4.3 for the same price :p

That's like having your cake and eating it too!

·
Registered
214 Posts
lem144 said:
Yup. I am going to be re-joining the ranks of 4.2 owners. I am very excited. Here are the details:

2005 RAV4 S
7100 miles
Moonroof
Manual Transmission
Silver/Gray

Welcome, welcome, welcome...

Sounds like my RAV4 exactly except that I couldn't find one with a moonroof. Still enjoy the heck out of mine on a daily basis, though oddly I wonder if I drive enough to warrant having such a fine vehicle. I've only got 6800 miles in about 8 months of owning her.

Wayne

·
Registered
214 Posts
RAV4HER said:
Yep, figured you would, much to the 4.3 crowd's chagrin.

You have just made a sound financial decision by avoiding all that drop in value if you drove a brand new 4.3 off the lot.

You could even sell your purchase in a year or two for just a little less than you paid and then buy a year old 4.3 for the same price :p

That's like having your cake and eating it too!
My distaste for the 4.3 aside, I completely agree with your post, and your points. I should have bought the 2004 on the lot rather than the 2005 S, but something about the cute little (useless) hood scoop said "buy me".

Luckily, there has been little depreciation so far, according to the prices I've seen posted in other threads, so I might just consider selling it and buying a "clunker" since I only drive about 8500 miles a year...

Except for the fact that I love my little RAV4, it's hard to justify the payment when I drive so relatively little.

Wayne

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't sell the RAV Wayne!!!

We also put less than 10,000 per year on each vehicle.
I justify it like this:

Once yours is paid for, you will have several years of no payments and NO REPAIR COSTS since your already dependable RAV will be almost like new :p

Hang in there....a little short term pain for long term gain!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Didn't mean to kill the conversation here. Truly. Welcome aboard. I hope you like your RAV4 as much as I do.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Wayne wrote:
My distaste for the 4.3 aside, I completely agree with your post, and your points. I should have bought the 2004 on the lot rather than the 2005 S, but something about the cute little (useless) hood scoop said "buy me".

Luckily, there has been little depreciation so far, according to the prices I've seen posted in other threads, so I might just consider selling it and buying a "clunker" since I only drive about 8500 miles a year...

Except for the fact that I love my little RAV4, it's hard to justify the payment when I drive so relatively little.
My 4.3 V6 Ltd is my clunker that I only put 8,000 miles/year on. Paid cash so I think I'll keep it for a few years. It's not as cute as your 4.2 though - doesn't have that functional hood scoop!! :p

OC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts