Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I deal with topics like that all the time in business school. Toyota is featured in many case studies because of their reputation for efficiency and quality control. Toyota developed the just-in-time inventory management system in the 1950's, which is widely used today.

We may gripe now and then about Toyota quality control issues, but if you look at the company as a whole, they still serve as a leader in the the fields of Total Quality Management and Inventory/Process Control.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Having worked for Toyota for almost 11 years now, I can say the Toyota production system works pretty darn good. :D We are pushing MUDA to an almost bizarre level :? , but it has increased our efficiency to record levels. Of course there is the occasional problem of running the "just in time" system too close and running out of product, which in turn causes quite a bit of extra work/handling. :?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
Having worked for Toyota for almost 11 years now, I can say the Toyota production system works pretty darn good. :D We are pushing MUDA to an almost bizarre level :? , but it has increased our efficiency to record levels. Of course there is the occasional problem of running the "just in time" system too close and running out of product, which in turn causes quite a bit of extra work/handling. :?
I bet as US based production becomes more common, so will the monkey wrench that unions can put in the JIT system.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
I've also got plenty of experience with that, as we are TEAMSTERS :D I was a 'shop steward' for six years, but resigned the position a couple years ago out of frustration. It was a very good 'learning' experience. :roll:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
I guess the country who has suffered most in global conflicts tend to develop DNA. People like animals, tend to develop a sense of survival. After WW2, who are the two countries in the world that suffered the most and were destroyed? Then again, who are the most powerful countries in the automobile industry, Japan and Germany? Their people have had come back from destroyed nations. Some population can cope with it, some don’t. Korea isn't an automotive power, its country went to war, but the only thing they made was Yugo. Why, because their leaders still have an inter-conflict. Taking thier nations to disaster. Japan and Germany, with American dollar rebuild thier countries. Viet Nam, still loyal to Ho-Chi-Min, good luck. They are looking for reconciliation with the USA, for the American dollar. We also are at fault. Check your livingroom, you don't see Zenith, GE etc. You see, Sony, Panasonic, Technics, JVC, TEAC, all Japanes.

But, I saw some news the other day that really made me look twice. Germany, after its unification. Have employment problems like in the time of Hitler.

The counties culture, philosophy and way of life. That is what drives the DNA.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason Germany and Japan are where they are at today is because the allies after WWII helped Japan and Germany create stable governments and funded a reconstruction in both countries. The reason they did this was because after WWI in Germany, the French and British punished the Germans to no end and basically ruined a country that was already ruined after WWI, and as a result the Germans were bitter and seeked revenge, which then led to the rise of Hitler... and you know the rest.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Exactly, in WWII, the real losers were the Russians and the Jews [they have recuperated very well. I guess they went out and did what the Lord told them to do “Go out to the world, grow and multiple”]. Today, when ever their is a need in Israel, the first airplanes to touch ground in Jewish soil with help, are from Germany. Today, Israel is the biggest importers of Germen cars, after America. Russia well, they are still having economical problems. They don't have to show anything to the world unfortunately. It will take some time [if ever] that Russia will export their vehicles. Except their very big rigs. They are awesome. And some cool RAV4.1 I might add.

That was why Viet Nam was such a disaster for the USA. The Vietnamese government wanted to do the same “Yes, here, kill our people, and then rebuild our country.” The industrial might, or war machine of the USA were more then happy to oblige. One detail, the American people. Remember; “Hell no we won’t go” Oh, the sixties. That is why it’s such an unpopular war. Today, well, we got oil from Iran. But still, I think it is turning into another Viet Nam regardless. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts