Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A car ahead of me hit a deer, then I ran over the carcass. In the dark, I couldn't see any damage. Plenty of hide and hair, but nothing seemed amiss. Great, I thought. I've only got 500 miles on the RAV. In the light of my garage, however, I could see that a hose was damaged and a couple brackets were bent. I'll take it to the body shop tomorrow, but I'm curious now... Can anyone tell me what hose the photo is? And, can I drive it to the body shop or should it be towed? This hose is under the rear door on the driver's side. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
It looks like part of the filler tube for the gas tank, or the breather part of the same.
Good luck to you, and stay in touch!

·
Registered
189 Posts
no fluids or fuel with it on the ground? do you have gas still in the tank? :) why dont you please take a photo, if you can, from where it came from (if you know).

does it smell like what? gas for example?

pico might be right. if you can trace this back just on that the same spot, look-up you will be seeing sign of disconnection there like clean spots.

if there's no leak or leaking fuel/gas, we assume you dont have the gas tank at least pass half or near full.

you can easily trace it back where it came from.

before installing it, inspect for damage like cracks, you may remove the rubber protector if you want. then install it.

to make sure it is not going to leak, fill the gas tank to full.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information! This is one reason I really appreciate this forum.

I filled up about 5 miles before running over the deer. I didn't notice any fluids leaking at the time, and there's nothing on the garage floor now. I also checked the gas gauge-still full. I'll investigate further tomorrow morning and will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts