Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's so much info out there that is outdated about springs and lifts for our 3rd gens as of today 6/10/2019

Confirmed Available:
TEMA LIFT SPACERS
have em installed, no issue with front, don't like rears (as I feel it's easy for spring to slip off at the top)
READYLIFT SPACERS seem solid but good money for what you get.

Confirmed no longer available:
Deaver Springs
(no longer available, but they can custom make you springs)
King Springs (can't find distributor in the US)

Unsure:
OME
(old man emu) no listing for 3rd gen although some vendors list this spring as fitting the 3rd gen
I bought a set of rears for my 3rd gen and they definitely aren't right. (part # search show them for a 2nd gen)

what else we got?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can safely add a lift i tried on mine and i can confirm it's great. It's the most expensive solution, but springs are the proper way to lift.
I don't know if you can order the springs from US, i got them from Netherlands.

Springs: MAD Progressive HV-364521 / HV-364538 (25-30mm lift)
Struts/Shocks: Front: The classic KYB Excel-G or Koni Special Active 8645-1176 - Rear: KYB Excel-G or better Koni Special Active 8245-1177

If you go for the Koni's, the ride is much more fun. Soft at bumpy roads, stiff on highways.

About Old Man Emu, they don't offer springs for 3rd gen anymore. You can only find them used from other owners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's a set of springs from Dobinsons in Australia. I haven't seen a post for them yet and don't know if they are available in the States

·
Registered
173 Posts
Struts/Shocks: Front: The classic KYB Excel-G or Koni Special Active 8645-1176 - Rear: KYB Excel-G or better Koni Special Active 8245-1177
You can't lift and then use the same length shocks. It will bottom out quickly and often and will break the piston seal. You might as well as not install any shocks.

Also, you have to mention that those Koni shocks are good only for the 2.5 diesel and 2.0L gasoline, not sold in US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
King Springs and Ultima shocks is What I’ve used to lift mine. You cannot use the standard length shocks if you lift. Even if it’s only 25mm.
the Ultima shocks are slightly longer but really aren’t made for the lift. The ride is stiffer than at the standard height as the valve on the shock is starting from the fully open position - makes for not great drive on the flat stuff, but they do work brilliantly when off road and flexing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts