·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to Wrap my muffler again. It was from front to rear until I have to lower the boom a little and rearrange my muffler system. This time I'm doing it from front to rear (again) but since I have a little more experience doing this type of mod, I'll do it the right way. I'll use the High Temp Spray recommended from DEI. I used it for the header and man, it's working great keeping the engine bay and bonnet cool. This helps a great deal since all the plastic parts that are in the engine compartment are not toasted. This tends to happen to the plastic parts under the hood since the heat is a continues element in this area. I'll post pictures before and after. (these are before).

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished projected for now. I ran out of DEI Wrap. I sent for another roll. I'll guess I'll finish in two weeks or so.

2 Arrows

When I finished, I reset the OBC and sprayed it with DEI High Temp black spray.

This is what this product does:

The first step in controlling under hood temperatures is to use DEI's exhaust wrap. This product is designed to keep heat in the exhaust and evacuate it out of the engine compartment. Wrapping your headers will reduce under hood temperatures by up to 50% while providing additional horsepower, engine protection and passenger comfort. All exhaust and header wraps are not alike! We start with a hi-temp fiberglass composite material then add a proprietary coating to enhance heat retention and expand durability. We are also the only manufacturer to add 1/4" guidelines to the exhaust wrap to ensure proper installation without the guess work.

* Reduce under hood temperatures a realistic 50%
* Improves horsepower
* Only exhaust wrap with installation guide lines
* Added durability and heat retention

You know what? It works! Stay tuned, more to come.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This complete the wrap with DEI.

The only part of the muffler system I didn't wrap was the Catalytic converter. Why? Well the dude who always does my muffler work told me that the temperature that build inside of the CC is awesome. With the DEI wrap it might shorten the life of the CC. So I played it safe and didn't wrap it.

I guess I need some more DEI High Temperature paint

Next weekend, I'll install the Apexi AFC NEO. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mensajero said:
The first step in controlling under hood temperatures is to use DEI's exhaust wrap. This product is designed to keep heat in the exhaust and evacuate it out of the engine compartment. Wrapping your headers will reduce under hood temperatures by up to 50% while providing additional horsepower, engine protection and passenger comfort. All exhaust and header wraps are not alike! We start with a hi-temp fiberglass composite material then add a proprietary coating to enhance heat retention and expand durability. We are also the only manufacturer to add 1/4" guidelines to the exhaust wrap to ensure proper installation without the guess work.

* Reduce under hood temperatures a realistic 50%
* Improves horsepower
* Only exhaust wrap with installation guide lines
* Added durability and heat retention
This weekend I took a long trip and tested the new wrap. Torque is up, swift in traffic, mileage is almost the same. Third gear is strong. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts