• YES... after 90 days!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been suggested that we delete unanswered posts after 60 days. We can set our forum software to do this automaticly 8) I'd like to get some input before implementing this. PLEASE vote now :!: :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm not sure how welcome responses are on a poll, but...

I'm one of those that voted "no", for the following reasons (please correct me if I'm wrong):

- If someone posts something that is informational in nature, and even though it is helpful no one responds so much as a quick "thanks!" post, then after a certain amount of time it will disappear? That doesn't seem very useful.

- If someone posts a message about something that does not seem immediately useful (and generate no response), it may someday become so. Bits on the information trail can take a long time to build a noticeable trend. For example: An early reported problem with a part in the 4.3 series may not be a problem for many/all the others that are just getting their 4.3s. But fast-forward 6 months and several posts that might have expired about the problem would negate noticing trends about issues.

I'm just concerned that indiscriminate deleting of *all* posts that do not have a response of any kind could lose some valuable information. If forum/database storage size is a concern, then of course the tendency would be to favor more recent content.

My apologies in advance if I have misunderstood the poll topic.

-Brian
(NP: Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself)

·
Registered
875 Posts
If more people would respond to questions, then this wouldn't be much of an issue. I'm saddened that people aren't replying to posts. Surely some of the unanswered threads were started by people simply providing information and never expect a response, but quite a few are questions that need responses. I can't believe there aren't members out there that have sufficient answers. Let's make an effort to reply to unanswered posts to help people out.

This is coming from the guy that already sold the rav4 and periodically returns to try to help other members. For those that visit here frequently, please help your fellow members with mods you've performed or problems you've had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts