Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limited Hybrid in Ruby Flare Pearl with Beige/Brown/Macadamia/Tan interior. Options are Weather Package, Tech Package, Etune 3.0, Panoramic roof and blackout emblems.

Ordered 8/13 and later resubmitted into order system due to changeover to 2020 models. Arrived at dealership 12/3.

Photos to follow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Check your cold tire pressure before your test drive. I've seen too many cases where it was left closer to 50 PSI! (I was told tires are filled to that for car carrier travel, but I haven't tried to verify.)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your cold tire pressure before your test drive. I've seen too many cases where it was left closer to 50 PSI! (I was told tires are filled to that for car carrier travel, but I haven't tried to verify.)

Enjoy!
Good reminder, thanks. I previously dropped off my winter wheels/tires at the dealership and they have initialized the TPM sensors and installed them. The new ones can sit in the warm garage for the winter at any pressure that pleases them! ;-)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's up with the hub caps though? I thought the limited came with nicer wheels?
Oh, they do; thanks for asking. I live in Northern Michigan and use dedicated winter wheels/tires. I previously brought a set to be installed prior to delivery. They are steel wheels, hence the plastic wheel covers.

Presently, there is a brand new set of Limited wheels and tires with zero miles on them sitting in my pole barn quietly awaiting the return of warmer weather.

I am fond of referring to this process as "making the car ugly for the winter." Better ugly than stuck somewhere! ;-)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh, they do; thanks for asking. I live in Northern Michigan and use dedicated winter wheels/tires. I previously brought a set to be installed prior to delivery. They are steel wheels, hence the plastic wheel covers.

Presently, there is a brand new set of Limited wheels and tires with zero miles on them sitting in my pole barn quietly awaiting the return of warmer weather.

I am fond of referring to this process as "making the car ugly for the winter." Better ugly than stuck somewhere! ;-)
I run studded snow tires on a Tacoma and probably will go with stock tires on my RAV4 Limited this year, but I'll definitely be looking at winter tire/wheel options for next year. Do you have tire pressure sensors on your winter wheels?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts