Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery today of new Rav4 Hybrid Limited with ALL options. Driving home went over few small potholes and rough pavement patches. One occasion was making left turn when going over a rough bump. Rear sounded like I hit something...almost like a bang. Truthful I began to think did I make a mistake buying this car. Just traded my 2014 Rav4 which was terrific. So logically when I got home I checked tire pressures. I was letting out amazing about of air before gauge was at/below 40psi. Finally let out enough to read 36Psi. Assumed that should be about correct with warm tires. Haven't driven since doing this. Hopefully this will improve what I experienced earlier.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Congratulations! My tires were also over inflated, and it appears to be fairly common, for a new vehicle from Toyota. Either it's poor prep, or they do it, so when you let the additional air out, you will be convinced it now rides great. It is a great vehicle, and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations! My tires were also over inflated, and it appears to be fairly common, for a new vehicle from Toyota. Either it's poor prep, or they do it, so when you let the additional air out, you will be convinced it now rides great. It is a great vehicle, and I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you for the comments. I have such high hopes for this Hybrid Rav4. I'm anxious to get back in it tomorrow, had no time tonight after lowering the tire pressure. Somewhere I now recall reading that Toyota Japan put very high tire pressure prepping for lashing down the car during shipping. Unfortunately the dealer didn't get the "memo". What pressure do you keep?

·
Registered
9,027 Posts
Tires are over-inflated for transport. The dealers are supposed to deflate them to their proper pressure as part of their dealer prep list, but apparently quite a number of dealers ignore the list and only want to get the cars out the door. My tires were inflated to nearly 60 psi when it was delivered to me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! I have mine (XLE) since last friday, 550 km already.
Likewise, congratulations....enjoy it. I'm about to check tires again since they are now cold. Will adjust to meet good decal spec of 32psi. Hopefully noticeable improvement over yesterday after taking delivery.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Happy to say(as many of you predicted) ride was much improved this morning after setting proper tire pressures(32psi). I just don't understand, dealers have these fancy buildings, send all kinds of emails asking about customer service and they can't check tire pressures on delivery?????

My thanks to everyone here for the advice and well wishes...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Happy to say(as many of you predicted) ride was much improved this morning after setting proper tire pressures(32psi). I just don't understand, dealers have these fancy buildings, send all kinds of emails asking about customer service and they can't check tire pressures on delivery?????

My thanks to everyone here for the advice and well wishes...

Phew !!!
That was a close one !!

:eek:

CONGRATS

Reactions: mytoy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts