Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is a great site.

Not to be especially anal about things, but wouldn't it be better for the generation groupings to be in descending order?

That is... 4.3 then 4.2 then 4.1.

It seems that more people participate in the later generation groupings (going by # of posts in the general category anyway).

Therefore most people (unless they have a monitor with a giant resolution setting) have to scroll down to see what they want.

Cheers,
Zippy.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Thanks for the input Zippy :D

Just to let you know... this has been discussed in the past. For now... (out of respect for the GREAT 4.1 model) we are leaving the order ascending. 8)

We MIGHT make the change to descending at a later date.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That 4.3 talk is so elitist!
No, I don’t care ‘cause I’ll be stuck in the middle anyway.

It actually makes sense at some point, once the 4.3 newness wears off and the posts become much more substantive versus “I just got mine today and it is so awesome!”

It’ll be good to see the honeymoon phase over; have the site work through any teething the 4.3 has, and see some more mods as they become available. Don’t get me wrong. It’s been good so far. The 4.3 forum potential has only begun to be tapped.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
It could go both ways.... if it was switched around, then us 4.1'ers and 4.2'ers would have to be scrolling all the way down.... :roll:

Anyways, I think it makes sense the way it is... being in chronological order....

Just my .02 cents...

·
Registered
986 Posts
You're kidding me right? Talk about people getting even more lazy. At least we have the Rav4 forums divided into generations. We could just have one giant forum section with every post in it. I am an IT geek who spends the better part of his life working with computers, and this has never even crossed my mind.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just thought it would be more intuitive to have the most recent generation first. That’s just a newbie’s input, no offense intended.

It’s the way it is out of respect for the older generations, I get it now. I’m new to the RAV family and am not aware of the reverence to the older models. *Zippy holds head down in shame*

I don’t know how well the earlier models have sold but if Toyota is successful selling as many 4.3s as they have planned for then I likely will not be the last doofus to have asked for the change.

Cheers,
Zippy.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I rarely ever browse each forum section by hand, I always use the recent post links. It would take forever if I went through each forum section by hand, even for a moderator. When I use the recent post links I always see the new posts in any forum since the last time I logged on. Since I use the recent post links just about every time I log onto this site, I guess I never notice the order of the forum sections.

·
Registered
771 Posts
RAV 4.1 ROCKS!!!!!

I'm a 4.2 I know but Franco is right. The success of the 4.1 is what we are all riding on.

I agree that the 4.3 posts don't have any substance. What does yours look like? and What does this button do? and I got mine today!.........I got mine today!.........I got mine today!.......... :wall

Come on people. Don't just post for the sake of posting. This forum is to help, share and have fun.

Later. M.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I already apologized and stated I now understand why it is the way it is. That’s fine, not a big deal.

And for the record it is neither laziness nor elitist to dare to want to see it in descending order. It is simply intuitive and user-friendly to have it that way.

To illustrate the point consider if the RAV4 were a computer and not a vehicle. Right now you’ve got the 486’s on top and the Pentium 4’s down at the bottom. Okay, that’s an exaggeration but eventually it’s going to look that way.

Paying homage to the legacy product is one thing, but at some point it’s going to get downright silly.

Cheers,
Zippy.

·
Registered
542 Posts
this forum started again "from scratch" not too long ago. i forget how many posts were up for the 4.1 & 4.2, but there were many!!

i have a 4.1, and i really like my car. had it for almost 10 years and at 143,000kms, i expect to keep it for at least 10 more (more due to lack of spare moolah to buy a new one than anything else)!

i don't really care if the 4.1 is at the top of the list, or at the bottom. as long as the forum is here it's ok.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Marcutio- there is a solution to the "shallow" 4.3 posts: don't read them! I'm finding most posts to be quite helpful really.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The section that, CURRENTLY, has the most topics and views certainly is the 4.3 General....can't argue that......BUT...(not wanting to offend anyone)....it has no "meat" compared to the other 4.3 sections or the 4.1 and 4.2 sections.....
I would bet 90% of topics there are by newbies to the forum and the RAV.........enthusiasm isn't a bad thing.....and I'm sure more meaningful posts are coming......

'nuff said.......for me.....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thanks Blue. I drove through your city the other day. Should have stopped by. Almost finished my wheels. Winter wheels still on.

Decending order it shall remain!

Later. M.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Marcutio- I take it all back; the 4.3 posts are getting lame.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
This thread was made for suggestions. It was not made to discuss which forum is better or worse. All forums should be treated equally as this is a community and we are here to share info, advice, etc.

Thread is now locked. If Kelly or any other moderators feel differently please discuss with Kelly to re-open.

Thanks,

DJ Sueno

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.