Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are a lot of you that do your own detailing (hats off to you). I imagine that there are also a lot of us that would rather pay a pro every so often. For those in the latter, group, I thought it could be beneficial to get some recommendations going by area. Whaddya think? Personally, I'm looking for some recommendations in the Jacksonville/St. Aug, Fl area. Any ideas?

Maybe this will fall flat, but I figured it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Your best bet would be to find an independent neighborhood guy that specializes in it rather than a chain that's gonna treat you like a number going in & out their door. We have a carwash chain here in Upstate NY that does it in conjunction with their car wash operation - I would never recommend them to anyone, because I've seen the work they've done and materials they use on my friends' cars.

It's a growing business as many of us are pressed for time, and don't have the wherewithall to keep them showroom new as we'd like. Find yourself that neighborhood guy that advertises primarily by word of mouth through the quality of his work.

Sorry I couldn't recommend anyone specifically in your area.....

OC

·
Registered
379 Posts
Your best bet would be to find an independent neighborhood guy that specializes in it rather than a chain that's gonna treat you like a number going in & out their door.
Concur OC. Stay away from the chains! Sometimes well established highend dealerships have the best detail services on site. BMW, MB and Lexus usually take great pride in detailing their cars. Their work is always guarenteed. Expect to pay though. Unless you know the one and two guy detail shops I'd stay away from them too. Stay away from mobile detail services too. (here today never find them tomorrow) Finding a good detailer is sometimes like finding a good hair stylist just gotta keep trying till ya find one that makes ya look good.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I don't really run in the circles where I might gain this info, but I'll have to keep looking for opportunities. I think there is a weekly vette gathering down "dealer row" nearby -- I"ll have to see if I'm right and check that out. Someone there has to know something.

Also, thanks for the tip on the "mobile detailers". I had pretty much ruled these guys out anyway since I pretty much have 0 shade by my house. I'd like to think that this would've been a concern of theirs too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts