Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking all my fuses the other day and noticed inside the diagnose fuse box in the engine (its the first box you see on the left hand side under the hood in britain/ right side in US). and they all seem to have rotted and melted down. This brown sticky stuff is all over them. I tried to pull one out and they seem to be stuck in there....... but im sure if i pull hard enough theyll come out...

obviously im going to try and replace them ...but can anyone tell me what these fuses serve? and what is the voltage i need? the "meltdown" has erased any label that might have been there before....Well Everything seems to be working fine otherwise....
i mean all the lights work in the dashboard.

any suggestions for a good way of cleaning the sticky stuff?

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
same thing happened to mine
is this thing important?
I assumed it was to diagnose the ecu, this is my first OBDII car, are these things common?

·
Registered
542 Posts
the little box with "diagnosis" written on it is just for the diagnosis tool & for reading engine fault codes as far as i know. the brown sticky stuff is to prevent terminal corrosion. there are no fuses in mine!

you have to connect some terminals together to read the codes & stuff so maybe someone used a fuse to do that & left it in there!

someone correct me if i'm wrong!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts