Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only real complain I have about to interior of my platinum is the "cheap" feeling plastic shift gate it had. Gave it a bit of an upgrade to give it a more premium feel

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
The red stitching is a nice touch! Too bad the seats have white stitching. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice! I am planning on doing the same mod. Did you modify the stock face plate or create a new one? I'd be interest in seeing some pics of the of the build if you have any.

Edit: looking closer I see it's new face plate, what is it made out of?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In order to get it done, the center console had to be removed and lifted up to get at everything below. It?s not hard. Just held in with snaps. I did have to remove the stock silver shift gate. That was a bit of a pain because it was plastic welded from the factory and not meant to be removed. The ?wood? looking console trim is stock. It comes that way on the platinum

·
Registered
143 Posts
Kind of a late response.. what did you do to remove the stock silver shift gate? A Dremel to break the plastic welds?
I usually take a drill but slightly smaller than head of plastic weld "usually mushroom shape" and drill down only the mushroomed part of the head and head will come off and leaving the plastic shaft portion. once you go to reassemble you can add new plastic weld epoxy to top of shaft to form a new mushroom. I haven't done the shift gate but I have done this on a ton of door panels and works great. it will look like it was never touched if done neat and clean.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts