Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody (Australia/Europe) already got the upgrade/retrofit for the CarPlay or AndroidAuto promised by Toyota?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Some time in November here in Australia Is the latest from my dealership

Reactions: Stefank

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Had the upgrade done in November. Software and hardware upgrade.
Works very well. And is was free of charge.

Reactions: Danneman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Belgium: Actually I have ordered my RAV4 on 23/01 and choose the v13 (built in 2019) instead of the v14 (built from 1/1/20) to avoid the 6 months (!) of delivery time. My car will be consigned in 20/02 without the Apple CarPlay. The dealer told me that unofficially Toyota said it will be upgraded (hardware and software) in all the 2019 models, but there is still no official confirmation from Toyota.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Belgium: Actually I have ordered my RAV4 on 23/01 and choose the v13 (built in 2019) instead of the v14 (built from 1/1/20) to avoid the 6 months (!) of delivery time. My car will be consigned in 20/02 without the Apple CarPlay. The dealer told me that unofficially Toyota said it will be upgraded (hardware and software) in all the 2019 models, but there is still no official confirmation from Toyota.
If its like everything else Toyota has done in this past year, I wouldn't hold my breath !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you buy navigation? If not did the dealer still say it might be possible with upgrade?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Had to change the microphone as it wasn’t compatible with CarPlay

Reactions: Variman

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Macedonia for about 250euro i got AA.
They changed the microphone. But there are some other changes exept software:
  1. Now my bluetooth conection says it is high quality aac codec (this is hardware change)
  2. Some visual changes on the icons (new software)
  3. It shows compas on the main display but stays on N (North)
And then, the second day i noticed my USB port is loosing connection and my roof is leaking! The last one is pain i have with my car and they cant fix it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts