Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all recently I noticed sone clanking noise in my rav 4 engine and it wad puffing a lot of black smoke. A trip to the mechanic and I was told to leave it there. Apparently have an injector issue. I have 120,000 km on the clock done mostly short trips without abuse. How long are injectors expected to last ? If I have a faulty one, should I replace them all? My father has a paper with 300k + km and never had an injector issue ? This issue is kinda premature considering I service the engine by the book !

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
They should last the life of the car, I know on my truck (GMC Duramax LBZ) they can easily last 800,000 km. If one is bad, I would replace only the bad one.

Common rail diesel injectors are quite sophisticated and operate under extreme conditions, there are bound to be failures here and there. The injectors in my truck require 1620 watts of power (90 volts and 18 amps) to open and operate with up to 26,000 PSI (1792 bar) pressure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A trip to the mechanic and two faulty injectors found.. Apparently the coil is ****ed up plus he found dirty fuel in the line... Cant understand how dirty fuel could burn injector electronic ?? At most I expected a clogged nozzle.... Euro 370 each. Dammit

·
Registered
80 Posts
A trip to the mechanic and two faulty injectors found.. Apparently the coil is ****ed up plus he found dirty fuel in the line... Cant understand how dirty fuel could burn injector electronic ?? At most I expected a clogged nozzle.... Euro 370 each. Dammit

Dirty fuel cannot affect the coil part of the injector, but it can absolutely ruin the mechanical part of the injector.

Here's how they work:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts