Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had THREE 4.2s in the PAST and plan to get into RAVs again.. I know all the numbers.. My question to the EXPERIENCED 4.3 owners who also had a 4.2.... Do u feel better in 4.3 than in 4.2 or is it other way around?

Stick shift is no longer available which is making me think that I should just consider a used Land Cruiser if I am going to drive an automatic anyway.
OR just pick up a used 4.2 again in a manual.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RAV4EVR said:
I have had THREE 4.2s in the PAST and plan to get into RAVs again.. I know all the numbers.. My question to the EXPERIENCED 4.3 owners who also had a 4.2.... Do u feel better in 4.3 than in 4.2 or is it other way around?

Stick shift is no longer available which is making me think that I should just consider a used Land Cruiser if I am going to drive an automatic anyway.
OR just pick up a used 4.2 again in a manual.
I have owned a 4.3 I4 since February. My Mom purchased a 2005 4.2 in January, new. I drove hers quite a bit when I was visiting. They both are automatics. The 4.3 has a much more refined ride. Then again hers is a base and my 4.3 is A Limited. The don't even seem like the same car. The interior is much nicer in the 4.3, then again I have a limited. The accleration on the 4.3 is much better even though they have the same engine. That must be due to the airbox change. Both are Toyotas, which I hold in high regard. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing i don't like in 4.2 is that it's body is quite light, thereby lesser traction... 4.3 has better traction and handling is also good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts