Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!
I am in the process of "getting ready" to start shopping for a new car. I have decided that I want a Rav4. However, I don't understand the differences in the different packages, like the L. All I really want is power windows/locks, cruise control, and 4wd. I am thinking I want a manual, but that is still up in the air. Anyone that can help me or has any comments or suggestions, feel free.

·
Registered
346 Posts
2nd Gen RAV packages

Ok, I'll give a stab at this. I did a fair amount of research on this when I was looking for my RAV, but I was never totally clear what options came with which packages - dealers tended to fuzz all the options together so you could not easily tell.

I found this link:
http://www.carfinancing.net/2004-2005-Toyota-RAV4.HTML

*quote*
---------------------
2004 2005 Toyota RAV4 Option Packages

* 2004 2005 RAV4 Quick Order Package -
Includes defroster-linked CFC-free air conditioning; cruise control; power windows, door locks and outside mirrors; carpeted floor and cargo mats; and Deluxe 3 in 1 AM/FM ETR / Cassette /CD with 6 speakers

* 2004 2005 RAV4Sport Package -
Includes unique sport seat fabric, sport grille, hood scoop, tubular-style roof rack with polished stainless steel finish, gray painted fender flares, aerodynamic multi-reflector halogen headlamps with blackout trim, RAV4 S badging, defroster linked CFC free air conditioning, cruise control, power windows and door locks, color-keyed door handles and power heated outside mirrors, carpeted floor and cargo mats, and Deluxe 3-in-1 AM / FM ETR/Cassette/CD with 6 speakers

* 2004 2005 RAV4 L Package -
Includes defroster-linked CFC-free air conditioning; cruise control; power windows and door locks; carpeted floor and cargo mats; Deluxe 3-in-1 AM/FM ETR/Cassette/CD with 6 speakers; color-keyed door handles, power heated outside mirrors, front and rear bumpers, body side moldings and full hard-shell outside spare tire cover; RAV4 L badging; integrated fog lamps; rear privacy glass; and tonneau cover
---------------------
*/quote*

Many/most RAVs that I see that are not L packages are probably quick order packages. Power windows/doors/locks, A/C and cruise are pretty desirable by most drivers. Some options, like the rear spoiler and moon roof, I always thought were part of the L-package, but may not be. In my experience, S packages are a bit hard to come by.

Some options were only available to order IF you had ordered a certain package (like leather seats only on -L packages, if I recall)

On a personal note, my 2005 Rav4-L came with Moon Roof, color keyed rear spoiler, and 5-spoke alloy wheels, leather wrapped trimming and roof rack. As far as I can tell, most recent -L package RAVs have this configuration.

There are various other smaller options which do not fall under the order package umbrella (like exhaust tip, daytime running lights, etc) which can be added after the fact if necessary...if you sell your children. 8-}

I hope this hasn't been TOO un-informative. If you do some more digging around on the net I'm sure you can come up with a more definitive feature set list.

-Brian

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for all your help. That was exactly what I was looking for. I too did some research, but couldn't seem to get clear answers like you were talking about. Now I just have to figure out which one I want :D I think it is probably going to be the L, but I need to take a closer look. Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2005 S also came with special sport or racing pedals, a moon roof and spoiler. As I understood it, they were all part of the package. The only thing I did not care for in the S package is the upholstery. When you have to open the doors when it is raining, it spots up the fabric on the doors. I do not think that is the same fabric on the other models.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to have a moonroof, but it isn't really something that must be on there for me to buy it. My car now does that with the seeats when it is raining, drives me nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts