Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have 3 wheels that match and do not seem to have any wheel skins and one that is empty. Are these different type of rims? I did not want to try to use force on those three wheels in case they were not wheel skins. If anybody has experience thanks!

Used rav4 2002 4wd

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according to the website wheel c is 16x6.5 and the others are 16x7
all the tires are P215/70R16 in size.

With the wheel C the lugnuts are sticking out giving the washers lots of play. They can not be tighten any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The one you are calling Wheel C is a steel wheel, and a cap on the center. The cap just pops off and does not bear any of the load from the lug nuts. With the slack on there, it looks like you have the wrong lug nuts and likely dangerous.

The other 4 wheels are alloy wheels. Often times the lug nuts are different for steel wheels and alloy wheels and it is extemely important to make sure they are correct ones. Most tire shops can help you out with this.

Reactions: sun3293

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks RAVN4RED. You were right. Those lug nuts were for the alloy wheels. The car came like that and been driving a few weeks with it. No wonder that wheel was hot to touch after driving. The washers created friction. I sprayed some WD40 on it and it smoked out. Got the Doorman 711-305 Acorn Bulge Seat at auto zone for replacement.
I guess I have 3 alloy wheels and 1 steel. The spare tire is also steel. Gonna see if I can find a used alloy wheel locally.

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts