Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

What kind of differential fluid goes into Rav4 2006 V6 3.5 for front and rear and how much quartz is required.

can someone point me the right fluid type that needs to be purchased

Is 75W90NS GL 5 fluid right fluid ? and assume for fron and rear 2 quats should be enough

Thanks

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
As a tip make sure you clean the hex bolt from any rust to prevent rounding the inside head when doing the rear differential. Tap the hex socket with a hammer so you know for sure the socket is all the way in the hole of the bolt. You need a 2 inch socket extension to get around the exhaust pipe at the back for the fill bolt. Remove fill bolt first in case you can't get it off after drain the fluid. For the transfer case fill bolt I used a allen key cut to 1/2 inch since there is not much room for a normal hex socket. I also used a 12 inch tube to make it longer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Red Line 75W90 gear oil. They take about half a quart each. I filled them until they started seeping out of the fill hole.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red Line 75W90 gear oil. They take about half a quart each. I filled them until they started seeping out of the fill hole.
Hello is it the same Type of oil 75W90 for both Front and rear ? so 1 Qt should be enough for both front and rear ?

seems Red line oil are not sold in store around my area, need to get it from amazon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yup, that is where I got mine from. I ordered the one gallon container. Same type for front transfer case and rear differential. You also need a hand pump to pump the fluid up into the fill holes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts