6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed one of these before?

I think these are the steps

Drop drive shaft
Take off solenoid assembly thing
Use special puller to pull out seal
Hammer new seal in

Any advice would be appreciated. This is not the two axel seals.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
There is an extended warranty on the rear differential coupling you may want to look into. Search for WAB 2190. Even if the original warranty has expired, Toyota will fix it for free under the SPA (Special Policy Adjustment #960)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I remember something like that. Unfortunately i dont have the growl noise. I wonder if they will still honor that. Hmmm

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Thank you! I remember something like that. Unfortunately i dont have the growl noise. I wonder if they will still honor that. Hmmm

As long as the seal are leaking I see no reason why the dealer will not fix it for free.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts

As long as the seal are leaking I see no reason why the dealer will not fix it for free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I phoned the local dealer today and told them the situation and the warranty campaign. They said bring it in and they will check it. I said I didnt want to pay the diagnostic fee in the event they wouldnt fix it under warranty. They asked for my VIN and looked it up. It is not covered unless there is a growl at which point they would have to send the entire damaged differential back to toyota.

I guess I'll try changing the seal. I'll post a guide if i succeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts