Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have this option:

Is this useful if I want to tint over the privacy glass on the tail gate? Will it be rendered useless by a few drops of water or dirt on the camera lens like the backup camera? Sunlight glare an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The camera is inside the window glass. You can tint around that housing so as to not affect the view. Its well shaded by the rear spoiler. You should probably go look at one at the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't go lower than 10% on the back window tint. My dealership tinted the entire window at 5% and both the rearview mirror and digital mirror were useless. got it to 10% and they both are good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got Limo (supposed to be 5%) on the back window. The mirror is dark but still usable. The camera works great through the tint. Now that I've learned to adjust that camera, it's preferable to the mirror.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a gap between the camera housing and the glass so the film can either go around it or under it? If the gap exists, is getting water and dirt on the lens during tinting a concern?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is there a gap between the camera housing and the glass so the film can either go around it or under it? If the gap exists, is getting water and dirt on the lens during tinting a concern?

Yes, there is a sizable gap. My tint guy didn’t seem to have any trouble with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Numbers
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing