Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
175 Posts
I've only used it two or three times in the 7.5 months and it's a little hard to get used to but I also have not tweaked any of the settings. It's useful when the whole cargo area is filled to the top. Like when you take two other friends for a Costco run.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The digital mirror is the feature I didn't know I needed. Have had the car loaded a few times that it came in handy, I also think it dims the lights at night better than the auto mirror, and the last perk is with that feature you really don't need blind spot alerts if you have your mirrors set correctly.

I didn't like it at first but now I like it alot, just have to get use to it. For me the field of view alone is great.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid
131 Posts
I use it to get people who tailgate me to back off a bit because they think I'm recording them when they see the screen pop up... which I am because I have a front and rear dash cam 😁

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess I'm also in the minority. I love the digital mirror. Took me around 15 mins to get it setup and angled right to not show any reflective glare.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The digital rearview mirror gives you a much wider field of vision on multi lane highways. You can actually see a vehicle in the lane beside you in both the side mirrors and the digital mirror.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wear bifocals, and the digital display works great for me. It took a couple days to converge my eyes to something two feet in front of my eyes instead of 60 feet away, but after that it was no problem.
It also has a far better field of view than the mirror, and doesn't reflect light, so headlights in the display are not bright at all. It's better for lane changes, passing, parking lots... The digital display is better in every way except price, looking at the dogs in the second row & checking my teeth for spinach.

It's one of the best pieces of tech in the car, IMO.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts