Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, had my wife's 2005 L detailed today. Noticed the part of the VSC/TRAC light that is the skidding car icon is very dimly lit when the car is on.

Here is the light when the ignition is ON but car is not yet started:

Here is what I see when the engine is on (note: MAINT REQD was reset/turned off, made no difference):

Car feels and drives completely normal. What could be causing this indicator to partially light up?

Thanks in advance,

-kj-

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DISREGARD ... the dim light is off. Weird!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure did. Took about a day. Hasn't happened since. Weird.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, weird part is that no check engine light, just those two lights being dim. I looked everywhere and only you had that same problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really strange. I wonder what we have in common. Let me know if the light goes off. What year is your RAV4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
2004. Yeah I have remote starter. Started my car, came out and the lights were lit dimly. Check my gas cap. But it was good. Search it up and it seems like only u and I have had this problem.
I hope I don’t have to change my alternator soon. Or even battery.
I have a scanner, scanned it but there was no code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine did the same after some water got into the roof and then drained into the passenger's feet area (or was the driver's feet area? cannot really remember). Has your car got glass roof top?
I disconnected the plugs, blew some air, sprayed some electric water remover and everything was fine again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No sunroof here either, and mine also cleared up after a few days. Weird.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts