Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2017 Rav4, and I noticed something odd. There seems to be small clumps of dirt on the outer edge of the tail light fixtures, but the dirt is underneath, someplace I can't get to easily. Has anyone run into this? It looks like I need to take the fixtures off, or loosen them to get at the spots to clean.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just picked up my new 2017 Rav4, and I noticed something odd. There seems to be small clumps of dirt on the outer edge of the tail light fixtures, but the dirt is underneath, someplace I can't get to easily. Has anyone run into this? It looks like I need to take the fixtures off, or loosen them to get at the spots to clean.

Any pictures?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, I did notice something like that going on in the seams of my 2016 also. Mine looks more like moister just in a couple small spots in the seams of taillights. It didn't look like something to be concerned over other than keeping an eye on it from time to time. Mine are the LED taillights.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Bring it to your dealers attention. Tell them you want the housings replaced because they're blemished / defective and that is not acceptable to you on a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to the manager, and they did their best to clean it up... I think they blew air into the area. It looks like they got most of it out...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2016 SE. Thankfully the dealership replaced my left and right tail light assemblies under warranty. But I am afraid this issue may pop up again. The tail lights look to me like they do not drain the water off along the edges very well. And that is what is causing stuff to grow. Or dirt to get stuck along the edge. I am going to try to clean my taillights more around the fall and winter time to hopefully stop this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Must be a problem with there tail lights. I have same issue only mine is moisture after it rains and in the morning when there is dew. It clears up as the sun dries it out but now it's starting to leave the dirt in the spots where the water evaborates. Any one have same problem and did dealer replace?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts