Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just noticed that the rear fender liners get dirty pretty easily. You can see the dirt build up in the crevice. Can this potentially cause rust issues?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2019 Rav4h Ltd 🇯🇵
2,747 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,323 Posts
I’ve just noticed that the rear fender liners get dirty pretty easily. You can see the dirt build up in the crevice. Can this potentially cause rust issues? View attachment 183792
View attachment 183791
The front fender is plastic. The fender liners are plastic. The fender trims are plastic.The rear bumper cover (last 1/3 of rear "fender") is plastic. Plastic doesn't rust.

Just be sure to keep the drain holes at the bottom of the door clear of debris so water does not collect in the doors:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front fender is plastic. The fender liners are plastic. The fender trims are plastic.The rear bumper cover (last 1/3 of rear "fender") is plastic. Plastic doesn't rust.

Just be sure to keep the drain holes at the bottom of the door clear of debris so water does not collect in the doors:
Yes the plastic won’t rust but I’m specifically looking at the the space between the black liner and the white body. You can see the build up of grime in the pictures, which also means the potential for moisture build up. Will try my best to clean it out now that Ive seen it but not sure how effectively I can clean it. Maybe I’ll pull the liner off from time to time.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I bought mine from Cartrimhome. A bit more expensive but they came quickly and as mentioned above are easy to install. This is a design flaw from my perspective. I just imagine going out to a nice dinner with friends and dresses getting all dirty getting out of the back seat. The door edge can get really muddy without these.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought mine from Cartrimhome. A bit more expensive but they came quickly and as mentioned above are easy to install. This is a design flaw from my perspective. I just imagine going out to a nice dinner with friends and dresses getting all dirty getting out of the back seat. The door edge can get really muddy without these.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I just wanted to make sure they fit on the 2022 model.
I will order them today. Any tips on install ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes the plastic won’t rust but I’m specifically looking at the the space between the black liner and the white body. You can see the build up of grime in the pictures, which also means the potential for moisture build up. Will try my best to clean it out now that Ive seen it but not sure how effectively I can clean it. Maybe I’ll pull the liner off from time to time.
the abrasion of the paint is a thing.
maybe vhb tape or the clear protection tape over the painted area to protect the paint.

that dust is fine grit polishing compound...
hard on painted surface.

·
Registered
257 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts