Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Dirty fender lining

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Marksquared 
#1 ·
I’ve just noticed that the rear fender liners get dirty pretty easily. You can see the dirt build up in the crevice. Can this potentially cause rust issues?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#6 ·
The front fender is plastic. The fender liners are plastic. The fender trims are plastic.The rear bumper cover (last 1/3 of rear "fender") is plastic. Plastic doesn't rust.

Just be sure to keep the drain holes at the bottom of the door clear of debris so water does not collect in the doors:
Yes the plastic won’t rust but I’m specifically looking at the the space between the black liner and the white body. You can see the build up of grime in the pictures, which also means the potential for moisture build up. Will try my best to clean it out now that Ive seen it but not sure how effectively I can clean it. Maybe I’ll pull the liner off from time to time.

#8 ·
I bought mine from Cartrimhome. A bit more expensive but they came quickly and as mentioned above are easy to install. This is a design flaw from my perspective. I just imagine going out to a nice dinner with friends and dresses getting all dirty getting out of the back seat. The door edge can get really muddy without these.

#13 ·

It states that they are not suitable for adventure models... I have a TRD 2022 can anyone confirm that they will fit before I order them ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.