Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2011 base model Rav4. After parking it (store, work, home, church, driveway, garage, etc.) for any length of time (5 min., 10 min., 1/2 hr., 1 hr., 2 hr., 5 hr., overnight, all day, 1/2 day, etc.) sometimes the doors lock, sometimes they don't. It's annoying if I don't want them locked and they are. The dealer here (Murray, KY) says they always lock after a certain length of time and they can do nothing. They don't always lock. Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
We have a 2011 base model Rav4. After parking it (store, work, home, church, driveway, garage, etc.) for any length of time (5 min., 10 min., 1/2 hr., 1 hr., 2 hr., 5 hr., overnight, all day, 1/2 day, etc.) sometimes the doors lock, sometimes they don't. It's annoying if I don't want them locked and they are. The dealer here (Murray, KY) says they always lock after a certain length of time and they can do nothing. They don't always lock. Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature? Thanks in advance
My 2010 Base doesn't do that. What it will do however is if you unlock it with the remote and don't open any of the doors for a few minutes, it'll relock itself. That's normal operation. As suggested above, you may have an after market unit, or something's wrong with the factory unit.
I would try and see if it's the vehicle unit or the remote that's causing the problem by disabling the remotes overnight and see what happens. Either remove the batteries or even wrap them in foil (not sure if that'll work, but it sounds like it might!)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Pops1, I have a 2006 Rav, and when I open the doors remotely, I have to open a door before 30 seconds, or they will relock, and I will have to open them by key or remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts