Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it annoying whenever the audio system connects to my phone and starts playing music right away. I try pressing pause on the display, but when I adjust the audio to hear the navigation coming from my Google Maps app, music starts playing again! Is there a setting to disable autoplay? I have an iPhone by the way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not the car, it's the phone. apple & google make this lovely item standard. There's a fix for the Apple which involves changing a code in the phone, something I will not attempt. If you have an Android phone, there's an app on the play store to stop the auto play & works very well. You can find the info on a web search.
Good luck..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agreed with James.

In Android, in the bluetooth section, you can choose whether or not to enable audio synching. If you don't ever play BT audio from your phone in the car, just disable this.

Voila.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The car's phone and audio systems connect to the mobile phone separately. You can simply pair the phone but not the audio.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The car's phone and audio systems connect to the mobile phone separately. You can simply pair the phone but not the audio.
Yep... but then you don't get any BT media... Waze, music, apps, etc....

Search the Play store for "Bluetooth Connect Stop"... it works pretty well. Every now and then it fails.
Seems that if you hit reverse before it connects, and it connects while the backup camera is on, it will fail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts