Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I am new to the forum so please excuse any incorrect thread entry.

I own a 2011 rav4 and I want to disable the seatbelt chime. In my research, there are methods of turning the engine on, off, pressing the odometer, etc. I have tried this dozens of times but it doesn't work. Is there a way to stop this annoying chime? thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because there are many times I may be in the car with the engine running, or I am moving the car only a few feet, or i would like to air condition the car before leaving, or many other moments. I dont need to instantly be annoyed to strap in every single time i happen to get into the car and start the engine.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,447 Posts
Toyota chose an "enhanced" seat belt warning chime for both front seats. This goes above and beyond what the federal government requires. Using Techstream to turn this off will leave only the driver's side minimum belt warning which is 5 beeps total. Much less annoying I've found.

·
Registered
399 Posts
No need to monkey around with your vehicles electronics, just insert the shortest "seat belt extender" you can find and that will kill the chime. Amazon.com has many for sale. I use an extender that is a little over 3 inches long.:smile

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's an honest question and a valid concern. Sometimes you load stuff on your front seat on the passenger side that's heavy enough to make the vehicle think someone is sitting there. That annoying chime goes on forever.

Following the same instructions for a Prius simply turns the Eco Mode on or off, instead of the seatbelt chime. There should be a way to do this short of going to a dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
It's an honest question and a valid concern. Sometimes you load stuff on your front seat on the passenger side that's heavy enough to make the vehicle think someone is sitting there. That annoying chime goes on forever.

Following the same instructions for a Prius simply turns the Eco Mode on or off, instead of the seatbelt chime. There should be a way to do this short of going to a dealer.
See post #8 in this thread. Otherwise, anything heavy enough to simulate a person, I would put it on the floor, or just put it in the back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello,

I am new to the forum so please excuse any incorrect thread entry.

I own a 2011 rav4 and I want to disable the seatbelt chime. In my research, there are methods of turning the engine on, off, pressing the odometer, etc. I have tried this dozens of times but it doesn't work. Is there a way to stop this annoying chime? thanks.
Did you happen to find anything that turned it off? I also tired the method you mentioned and it won't turn off. same deal, I wear my seat belt but the length and intense nature of the beeping is crazy when simply sitting in my car with the engine on.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Did you happen to find anything that turned it off? I also tired the method you mentioned and it won't turn off. same deal, I wear my seat belt but the length and intense nature of the beeping is crazy when simply sitting in my car with the engine on.
You can't turn the noise off (driver side) but you can get one of those seat belt extenders to stop the noise if you are sitting in your car with the engine running. So basically this thing fits on the seat belt and your normal seat belt fits on top of it. You car will not beep if you have this.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Or you can clip the seat belt in on the passenger side before loading up the seat.

I had Toyota disable the seat belt chime. Worked great for a couple of weeks then came back?

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,447 Posts
I disabled the extended seat belt chime years ago with Techstream. No chime at all for passenger side, and driver's side has the minimum 5 beeps required by law instead of the enhanced warnings that Toyota programs in. After turning this "feature" off with Techstream, it has never come back, even after several battery replacements.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts