Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I disable the annoying beep that happens when I lock/unlock my doors via remote? Thanks.

fyi. I have a 2007 sport model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The dealership had to hook up their OBD port computer to do it on my 06 Limited RAV4. Shocked me as it is a farily easy procedure that you can do yourself on my 04 STi... [shrug].

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I asked a local dealership (Not the one that I purchased from) about disabling the beep, they said they would charge me $85 for 1 hours worth of work. I thought he was trying to scam me. So if you can get this for free, then do it.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was quoted $40 from the non selling toyota dealership. I am getting my lojack installed tomorrow by selling dealership. I am sure they will do it for me.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
i had the parameters changed on both my ravs and wasnt charged a dime..........i would think it would be covered under "making the customer happy since he just bought a new care warranty".........

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine was done for free this morning at the dealership i purchased from while they were installing my lojack system.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did not know the locking and unlocking audible beep could be eliminated. (Doesn't really bother me anyway). The required double click to unlock all doors I did find to be a nuisance and inconvenience so I had that changed to a single click unlocks all doors. Dealer where purchased did that and changed the lengthy seatbelt beeping from whatever it was down to five beeps in very short time for no charge.

These are not lengthy procedures-the trick is finding the one guy on scene who knows how and is willing to do it for you.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Can the lock / unlocking beep be turned off on a 2011 model? The dealer said no last time but I suspect bs.
It can be turned off - my selling dealer's service dept. gave me that same line of BS. Even when I quoted the Customize Service Paramters pdf posted on this site by JuneBug the manager still said that it couldn't be done without disabling the entire security system. I phoned another dealer who said that it could be done and did switch it off - but it cost $46, including tax. Security system still works.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I like the beep. One beep is one syllable=lock, two beeps is two syllables= UN-lock. Makes sense imo.
Btw, mine is programmed to unlock all doors with one press.

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: SoNic67

·
Registered
2011 Barcelona Red Rav4 Sport
31 Posts
Sorry for revitalizing such an old post, but had a quick question. Can these beeps be turned off with the Techstream software instead of taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes. And many other "customization" features. I liked that I can change the level of outside light when the Auto lights will turn on. I prefer them to turn on earlier than normal (daily tunnel traffic).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. And many other "customization" features. I liked that I can change the level of outside light when the Auto lights will turn on. I prefer them to turn on earlier than normal (daily tunnel traffic).
Do the rav4’s have auto headlights? I have a 2012 and I see some sensors on the dashboard but don’t know if it has auto headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do the rav4’s have auto headlights? I have a 2012 and I see some sensors on the dashboard but don’t know if it has auto headlights.
Never mind I see it doesn’t have that feature unless yours has that option. I don’t know why though. My old 2004 Corolla CE had it and it didn’t even have power windows.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
My 2009 Sport has it. If you have it you need to put the switch to auto for the headlights to come on automatically. It only works only when there is low level of light like when it gets dark at night.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts