Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really hoping that because the 2018 Camry and Sienna would be able to get an update that would allow them to have CarPlay that there would be the possibility for 2018 RAV4s too. Well...my dreams have been killed. Looks like I’ll have to seek an aftermarket upgrade. I sent Toyota an email last night and got the following response this morning:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. and we appreciate your inquiry regarding the integration of Apple CarPlay® and Amazon Alexa® in our vehicles.

While we have provided an update to retrofit the Apple CarPlay® and Amazon Alexa® features in our 2018 Toyota Camry and 2018 Sienna models, please note the multimedia update is only compatible with vehicles equipped with our Entune™ 3.0 interface and head units. Previous model year vehicles and models that are equipped with our previous Entune™ head units and software are not compatible and will not be updated with the features.

The update is not available for the 2018 RAV4 nor are there any plans on launching an update for any additional model vehicles without the Entune™ 3.0 platform. There are also no options to install an upgraded multimedia head unit in the vehicle post-production.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Quickdtoo
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing