Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding the information screen in the center of the dash, the radio/vehicle/phone screen..(I did do a site search)

On the setup screen, it has the various icons to setup the different features, on the bottom of this screen is "screen off" button, if you press on it the screen goes black but the radio will still work, which is great for night driving, really like it.

Problem is that there is no more clock!! The screen is black, no time display, nothing, is there a way of turning the screen off but leaving a simple clock?? I went from page 396 and up of the owners manual and cant find any info.

Thanks for any info and hope you dont find this post/thread silly.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
That's a common complaint on the 2016-17 models, the 2013-15 had clock just above the center display, they did away with it for 2016, there's no option short of buying a small LED/LCD clock that attaches somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a common complaint on the 2016-17 models, the 2013-15 had clock just above the center display, they did away with it for 2016, there's no option short of buying a small LED/LCD clock that attaches somewhere.
Thanks, very bizarre not having this!

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Another option would be to buy a 2013-15 OEM clock from a dealer source or wrecking yard and install it in the original location.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another option would be to buy a 2013-15 OEM clock from a dealer source or wrecking yard and install it in the original location.
Just did a search for clock/rav4 2015 and got a bunch of hits, so it goes in the slot where the hazard flasher is, does the seat belt lights and if i recall, the traction control on/off button still work, would you happen to know?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I did ask about this here and was told it won't work. I had thought of just replacing the strip with earlier part.

Reactions: Kris
1 - 7 of 7 Posts