Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't really planning to do this, but ever since I accidentally saw a left over screen in our garage, I took a bit of time off a Sunday afternoon to do this.

I used a strong cutter and a glue gun to do all these.

There are 6 bolts and 3 push pins on all sides of the bumper portrayed in the photo below.

Cut the screens and give an allowance of maybe an inch or so. Those allowances are to be folded on the edges behind the grilles. Then glue the folded screens on the edge of those grilles.

That's it. Same goes to the upper grille.

It looks good to me. Plus it also protects the condenser against plastics, trash, small branches, wooden sheets, twigs, leaves and small creatures if you're wading thru flooded areas or saves you some time cleaning and picking stuffs out of the bumper.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@vanib Glue gun's strong enough if you apply them 2 inches apart. I've been running on highways and it's been raining a lot in our country plus my 4.1 vibrates like hell, and it's still intact. Also I had recently installed fog lights on the lower part of the grille, it's mounted on the mesh screen with an aluminium bracket behind, it's holding fine, no play. :)

@neodagzph Plastic mesh will hold but will bend soon enough. The deformation will easily be visible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts