Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
LED Door scuff plates

I'm thinking to get Stainless steel Blue LED door scuff plates. And trying to get some help with the connection. The instruction manual says, connect to the dome light, but shows the wire under the door scuff plate channel. Is the dome light wire running through the channel? How do I indentify the right wire? Can you specify any colour or other identification tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there!!!!

It is a great DIY with a great step by step instruction.

I have a 2010 Toyota Rav4 and I am planning to do this mod and can you tell me what do you mean by " Extension wire cable w/2 wires: black & red or whatever colors you prefer". I am not getting this. Where do these wires connect and where can I find it.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey there!!!!

It is a great DIY with a great step by step instruction.

I have a 2010 Toyota Rav4 and I am planning to do this mod and can you tell me what do you mean by " Extension wire cable w/2 wires: black & red or whatever colors you prefer". I am not getting this. Where do these wires connect and where can I find it.

Thanks for your help.
He is telling you to tap the dome light with 2 of your extension wires. What ever color wires you have around. They should be different so you can tell them apart. Those wires hooked into the dome light can then be fed per his instructions down the pillar and so on. You'll need 2 pairs of long wires for the project.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reviving an oldie but a goodie here.

I'm very interested in adding this mod to my car. I'm wondering if you could use LED's instead though? I'm looking at getting these:

2X 12" Flexible 15SMD LED Strip Car Interior Underdash Footwell Light Ultra Blue | eBay

I'm hoping that someone on here with a little more experience with wiring can help me. If I chose to go with the LED lights will I need an inverter/adapter or should I just be able to pull the wires straight from the sunroof control to the LED's? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Reviving an oldie but a goodie here.

I'm very interested in adding this mod to my car. I'm wondering if you could use LED's instead though? I'm looking at getting these:

I'm hoping that someone on here with a little more experience with wiring can help me. If I chose to go with the LED lights will I need an inverter/adapter or should I just be able to pull the wires straight from the sunroof control to the LED's? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Not sure if you still need help on this or not, but most LED's run on 5V, and I'm sure the vehicle lights run on 12V. Running the wires from the dome light will be the same, but you'll need a 12V-5V converter where you plug in your LED's. Hope that helps!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
17 Participants
megabitzu
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing